I set up a survey for anyone who’s been using Because Internet for teaching – put in what you’ve been doing and I’ll compile and share it with other instructors!
The main episode of Lingthusiasm was Knowledge is power, copulas are fun. The bonus episode was Emoji, Mongolian, and Multiocular O ꙮ – Dispatches from the Unicode Conference.
We also announced a Lingthusiasm liveshow in April, a sweary liveshow about swearing, taking place on the Lingthusiasm Discord. Plus: a longer descriptive post about the LingComm Grants, of which there are now several more thanks to people who supported them!
- resume glottal stop
- Roses are Red, val-ling-tines edition
- baptisms inclusive vs exclusive we
- dialects in a trenchcoat
- voicemail signature
- extremely linguist moods: Worldle
- Because [Noun]
- Oneday, Twosday
- TIL the french for (workout/therapy) session is a séance and I just think this would make an excellent Halloween opportunity for someone
- which of these starter Pokemon is bouba and which is kiki
Selected blog posts:
- Linguistics Jobs: Interview with an Impact Lead
- Reduplication Bread Bread
- Fictional Gestures
- Kawaii Desu Innit Bruv
- When your accent is better than your vocabulary
This month’s image is brought to you by linguistics takes on the Roses are Red poem.