I’m the author of Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language Online, a pop linguistics book about internet language, which will be published by Riverhead at Penguin in July 2019.
You can sign up for very occasional email updates about the book here, if you want to make sure you don’t miss it on social media. If you’re a media person, the email list will also be providing instructions on how to get a review copy, when the time comes. Or, for cryptic snippets of the writing process, check out my #amwriting tweets.
Here are the blog posts I’ve written about the book so far:
- I’m writing a book about internet language!
- I have a (very rough) draft
- I talked with The Ringer about why I’m lowercasing “internet” in the book
- I have a full draft, with chapters and paragraphs
- I’m moving from developmental edits into line edits (aka, from battling a horse-sized duck to battling a hundred duck-sized horses)
- The book is heading into copyedits!